KUTO in your community
Trained personnel from Kids Under Twenty One can bring our programs to your school, community group or workplace.
- Bullying – awareness and help-seeking for physical, verbal, cyber/electronic and relational aggression
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression – recognizing triggers, warning signals and how to cope
- Crisis Intervention – recognizing and managing a “crisis” situation
- Adolescent Suicide – facts and fallacies, warning signs and intervention strategies
- In-service Training and/or Staff Development – awareness & educational workshops
Presentations are flexible and easily customized to be age appropriate and meet needs of the group.
KUTO facilitated training models
LivingWorks suicide prevention workshops:
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Training) ~ two-day workshop teaches the Suicide Intervention Model to assist persons at risk for suicide connect with help
- safeTALK ~ three-hour “suicide alertness” training to ensure persons identified at risk for suicide are linked to resources for help
Mental Health First Aid ~ two-day workshop teaches a five-step action to connect persons in crisis with appropriate care
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Training ~ one-hour gatekeeper and suicide prevention training for all ages
Community Initiatives and Resources
- Yellow Ribbon Project ~ annual suicide awareness and prevention project
- Clearinghouse for information on current national trends, state and local statistics and resources
- Prevention Materials ~ flyers, posters, Helpline cards, handouts
- Referrals for community service agencies and mental health care providers
For more information on training curriculum or to schedule a speaker, email us or call (314) 963-7571.